A big thank you to Seldjana at thebookorchids for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I did this tag post back when I first got started blogging in the summertime. I’m glad to see it’s still making its rounds and I’m happy to do another post (even though I just did something similar last week) because they’re so fun! Plus, as I’ve mentioned before, it’s great for connecting bloggers with each other!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
- If you could have afternoon tea with one fictional character who would it be?
Hermione Granger. I have so many questions to ask her! Like what hair products she used to get her hair so shiny and smooth in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!
- If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, which would it be?
Bob’s Burger’s probably. I’d scheme with Louise, groan with Tina, play pirates with Gene, grill with Bob, and drink with Linda.
- Name the character from a book that you’d like to be for one day!
If it was only going to be one day, then Claire Fraser from Outlander. But NOT for more than a day. She has to put up with a lot of crazy stuff.
- What’s your favorite quote?
- Which author (dead or alive) would you want to be trapped in an elevator with for 24 hours? (I don’t mean dead in the elevator with you!)
Glad you clarified! I would probably have to say John Green, because he’s hilarious and insightful. I’m sure it’d be an interesting 24 hour conversation.
- Who’s your favorite author and name one of his books you liked the most!
I despise questions like this. I have many favorite authors, including J.K. Rowling, Philippa Gregory, John Green, J. R. R. Tolkien, and Jodi Picoult. That’s really just a few out of the many. Plus, there are so many authors I’ve yet to explore because I’ve only gotten to read a book or two of theirs as of yet, like Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
- If you could return to the past, what year would it be?
Ugh….I’m not sure. I’m pretty happy with my life right now. I wouldn’t want to return to the past and not have time with my husband, or my pets, or other family and friends.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now?
Hopefully I will be happily married still, have a few kiddos running around, and still making time to read great books!
- Assuming you’re moving and you have can take only three books, which books would you take?
Cloud Atlas, The Lord of the Rings (technically all one book), and probably It. They’re all fairly long and would keep me busy. I love them all, but of course once I moved I’d go on a shopping spree and buy more books! Or at least go to the library.
- If you ever write a book and you make a movie based on it, who would be in a main role?
This is such an interesting question. I think it would obviously depend on what the book, and subsequent movie, is about. But let’s go with Natalie Portman.
- Write two facts about yourself.
Fact one: If my husband ever dies, I will immediately adopt 72 cats. Fact two: I haven’t had soda is almost a month!
- Cinquante Feuilles
- Chloe P
- Flying Through Fiction
- Eve Messenger
- Forwards and Bookwords
That’s all I’ve got. I just nominated a bunch of others for The Infinity Dreams Award not too long back.
My questions (some I’ve borrowed):
- Assuming you’re moving and you have can take only three books, which books would you take? I know….I’m EVIL to force you to answer this!
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- What is the funniest book you’ve ever read?
- The scariest?
- What’s your go-to Karaoke song?
- Do you do anything weird in your sleep? Walk, talk, beat people up?
- Where is your favorite place to read? Coffee shop, bed, a comfy couch?
- What is something you wish you did more?
- If someone were going to assign you a superlative (e.g. Most Likely to… or Best ___), what do you think you’d win?
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
- If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
Thanks for hanging out with me again! Until next time bibliophiles!